Compact Tank Switch CTS2.2 6V
• Latest generation ballast tank switch CTS version 2.2 with improved switching characteristics
• Forms a compact unit with the Piston Tank
• Designed for controlling a single Piston Tank type EA (AutoStop)
CTS2.2 is a ready-to-run unit as it must only be attached to micro switches S1 and S2 of the Piston Tank. This makes no further wiring between CTS2 and Piston Tank necessary. Only the two wires leading from the two micro switches to the motor connectors must be attached separately. Connect main drive battery to screw terminals and plug pre-fitted connector lead into receiver - DONE!
CTS2.2 provides highest safety level ever achieved by an electronic device of this kind. This state-of-the-art ballast tank switch has been fitted with new characteristics covering any avoidable risks to the operational safety of your submarine model.
This compact unit offers all necessary fail-safe features which are
• Low battery monitor for main drive battery
• Loss of receiver signal
• Loss of transmitter signal
• Optional automatic resurfacing if model dives below approx. 1.8 m*
The voltage of the main drive battery is permanently monitored. When it falls below the threshold voltage (factory setting approx. 4V for 6V operation) the unit will activate the resurfacing mode. This threshold voltage is adjustable.
CTS2.2 will automatically switch to empty the Piston Tank not only if receiver signal is lost but even if the receiver itself or receiver power (Rx battery or BEC) is defective.
A pressure switch (item-no. 5029) is optionally available as a fourth and very important safety device limiting the operational depth of the model to approx. 1.8 meters*. This safety device is highly recommended as the switch also senses any pressure drop inside the WTC (Water Tight Compartment) of the model due to a leak.
CTS2.2 is compatible with former CTS.
However, both micro switches type V (no. 5025) need to be replaced against type A (no. 5024).
CTS2.2 can be upgraded to proportional trim
simply by connection of an optional hall sensor and attachment of magnets to one of the gear wheels on the piston tank. There is a upgrade kit available including all necessary components.
• Receiver power 4.8 to 8.4 V (receiver power)
• Operational voltage 6 to 30 V (main battery)
• Switching load max. 10 A
• Weight approx. 35 g
• Switch unt CTS2.2, fully tested and ready-to-run
• Wire and connector set
• Comprehensive instructions in English
Low-Battery-Monitor pre-adjusted to approx. 4.5V for 6V operation.
* This measurement is based on ENGEL WTC volume. Depth will vary to some extend for other volumes.
Customers who bought this product also bought:
Bayonet Lock Ring for robbe U47 - U2540
Item #: 2406125,00 € * More information
BEC connector FEMALE with silicone lead 0.5 mm² AWG22, 60 cm
Item #: 91281,08 € * More information
Piston Tank EA825-6V 540
Item #: 1587-EA-6188,00 € * Weight: 0.86 kg To cart
Pressure Switch 3.0 mm
Item #: 502929,85 € * To cart