Hull ready-made and painted flat black!
This new model submarine developed by ENGEL offers besides radial parting with bayonet lock ring and Tech Rack© very compact dimensions and easy handling. Hull, sail and all other attaching parts are highly detailed. The Tech Rack© slides into the front part of the hull offering easy access to most of the boat’s internal components.
Building is straight forward and quite simple as all parts are prefabricated is highly detailed and sturdy.
The hull is made of super strong ABS with a thicknes of more than 2 mm and ready-assembled with bayonet lock ring and aft bulk head.
Rudders and dive planes, including carriers yokes, rudder shafts and linkages for aft control planes are also installed.
The hull is pre-painted in flat black. Put the water level markings on and it is ready! A layer of clear flat paint can be applied for making the model less sensitive to scratches and fingerprints (this is an issue with flat paint).
The Tech Rack© is constructed of sturdy CNC-machined, interlocking parts, reinforced with ready-made brass bars. Piston Tank included features AutoStop, meaning that the piston drive will automatically stop at an instant as soon as the tank is completely filled or emptied. Piston Tank and electronic switch unit CTS2 are both fully built forming a compact unit without extensive and frail wiring.
As all ENGEL sub models the AKULA II also comes with a full safety package including
• loss of transmitter signal
• loss of receiver signal
• low battery monitor
• pressure switch
Propelled by BRUSHLESS motor and a 7-blade scimitar prop the submerged model can reach top speeds of about 10 km/h (6 mph).
• Ready-made and painted hull unit and control planes.
• Periscopes and antennas.
• Tech Rack© made of CNC-machined, interlocking parts and brass bars.
• Piston Tank type EA750-12V with compact switch unit CTS2 and Pressure
• BRUSHLESS main drive motor 12V with aluminium mount, stainless steel shaft, brass
coupler and shaft sealing ring.
• 7-blade scimitar propeller made of brass with plastic spinner.
• All necessary linkages and small parts.
• Screws, nuts and bolts made of stainless steel.
• Ballast weights.
• Water level markings.
• Manual in English.
• Scale 1:125
• Length 870 mm
• Displacement approx. 5300 g, submerged approx. 6000 g
• Operating time approx. 2 h
• R/C 4 channel
• Wire and Connector Set, no. 2000-99
• Battery Pack HighPower, no. 5557
• Boat stand, no. 2000-Z
• Pitch Controller SPC2, no. 1574
• UBEC 3 A, no. 3775