Russian Ballistic-Missile Submarine NATO-Codename "TYPHOON"
The Russian Typhoon-Class are the largest submarines ever built with a displacement of 28,000 t. The first submarine of this class was named Akula (shark) and commenced service in 1981. Its tactical number is TK-208. Six submarines of this type were released; a seventh one was never completed.
This class was also seen in the movie "Hunt for the Red October". These submarines are powered by two atomic reactors, each generating over 40,000 HP and reaching a maximum speed of 27 nautical knots. The Typhoon-Class has a length of about 172 meters and a crew of 150 men.
Its mere dimensions are breathtaking. Even at a scale of 1/100 the model appears bombastic and to some extend frightening. With a length of 1720 mm (68"), a width of 228 mm (9") and a displacement of 21/22,6 kg (emerged/submerged) this model is a real eye-catcher.
This model of the Typhoon is powered by two electric motors, which propel twin brass 7-blade scimitar propellers. At its heart is a reduction gear system which delivers power from the motors to the propellers so efficiently, there is no excessive strain on the motors, no rapid depletion of the motor battery, thus, reaching a running-time of up to 1,5 hours.
All components are "made in Germany", including he hull unit and the pressure proof compartment which are made of glass fibre.
The pressure proof compartment is reinforced by steel inlays and is glued into the lower hull.
The fins as well as the dive planes and rudders are all made of resin and are ready for assembly.
The kit also includes the electric mechanism for retracting the front dive planes, which are also functional as such.
The kit includes:
• Upper and lower hull and pressure proof compartment made of glass fibre
• Conning Tower FULLY DETAILLED cast in Resin
• Fins, rudders and dive planes cast in resin
• Complete set of fittings
• 2 drive motors with gear box
• Props, prop shafts and couplings made of brass
• Electric mechanism for retracting the front dive planes
• All necessary accessories (such as links, screws etc.)
• Ballast (except "basic" version)
• Polyester laminating resin with hardener and Micro Balloons
• Complete Diving System type TAE or Tmax (except "basic" version)
• Instructions and the plans in ENGLISH, 2 sheets fully detailed and drawn 1:1, as well as additional drawings (also in 3-D)
The standard version of the kit includes the complete diving system consisting of two Piston Tanks with 825 ml each (total volume 1.65 liters) each and an electric switch unit featuring the AutoStop and the electronic AutoTrim device which allows you to bring the model into a state of perfect buoyancy.
The standard TAE version of the kit also includes the complete diving system consisting of two Piston Tanks with 750 ml each and electric switch unit TAE2 with AutoStop and AutoTrim.
AutoStop means, that the pumps stop automatically as soon as the tanks are fully emptied or filled.
AutoTrim means, that the model can also be trimmed manually via the AutoTrim feature, which allows you to bring the model into a state of perfect buoyancy (at about 85% piston tank volume).
Dive system Tmax offers a maximum of features for controlling Piston Tanks. In addition to AutoStop and AutoTrim this system allows for proportional fine as well as bow/aft heavy trim of the boat.
Necessary but not included:
• R/C system with min. 5 channels
• 3 servos (standard size)
• Speed controller min. 15Amp (2 recommended)
• Lead acid battery 6V/12Amp
• Receiver battery
• Scale 1/100
• Length 1720 mm (68")
• Width 228 mm (9")
• Displacement emerged 21 kg submerged 22,6 kg
• Speed approx. 5 km/h (3,1 mph)
A conning tower mechanism is optionally available. This feature allows you to drive the periscope, radar and antenna in and out of the conning tower. The kit includes all necessary components including electric motor (Item-No. 1596-1).
The Master Scale Series now features a highly detailed hull unit and fully scribed, resin-cast conning tower!
Improved version with CNC-machined Tech Carrier©.